Saturday, January 16, 2016

02/10/08 - My First Birthday in Mexico


San Miguel/2008 Blogs


Dear Jess, Darren and Girls: 

My friends at my Spanish school threw a little party for me on my birthday. Here's some
photos. I wrote down the little story of what was happening under each photo.


Above - Mario (my Spanish teacher) is playing "Feliz Cumpleanos" (Happy
Birthday in Spanish) while I listen.


A close-up of Mario.



The people from the school gather, and we sing a Mexican folk song in Spanish
(I'm holding a piece of paper with the words on it).



I'm told that it's a Mexican tradition to "bite the cake", so that's what I'm doing in the
picture above.



Now I'm wiping my mouth, after "biting" the cake, and everyone is cheering for
 me. This was my first birthday in Mexico. What a very special and meaningful birthday this was for me.

Love,  Mom/Judy/Emmie

No comments:

Post a Comment