Saturday, January 16, 2016

02/16/08 - Mama Mía


Dear Jess, Darren & Girls:


Last night Grandpa and I had dinner at Mama Mia Restaurante. We thought Italian would be a good bet, since it was a meatless Lenten Friday.   (BTW...The people in this photo are NOT us. They are people who just happened to be sitting in the way of the camera).


 

As you can tell from the photo, Grandpa is very pleased with his tasty looking eggplant parmesan (one of his very favorite dishes) and his wine.



And I'm proudly showing off my spaghetti with seafood (shrimp, mussels, fish, oysters, clams) marinara sauce. It was YUMMY!!! (notice my new, hand-embroidered overblouse. I wisely took it off before eating - didn't want to risk splashing marinara sauce on it). I also took the precaution of tucking a napkin over the white t-top beneath. A good thing, because I definitely splashed!!!
            



The artwork on the walls was eclectic and interesting. This is only one example of what we saw. (note: The red and white hanging lace cutouts were obviously left over from Valentine's Day, just the day before).



We shared desert - chocolate ice cream with cookies tucked inside. ( I probably shouldn't have, because I went to Weight Watchers this morning and found I'd gained 6/10ths of a pound.  No doubt it was that was the culprit.  But...I enjoyed every bite!!!)




And as you can tell, Grandpa is very satisfied!!!



We finish off the evening with a selfie....



...and a photo of the outside of the restaurant as we leave. Another definite great meal in San Miguel!!!


Love you, and hope that some day you all can come to visit us in this magical place.

Love,  Mom/Judy/Emmie


No comments:

Post a Comment